Forum Replies Created
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
- Replies
-
- September 25, 2026 at 10:37 pm
- in reply to: PageSpeed Insights – look at field data, not the score
Lab score is still useful for debugging after a change though. I use it as a before/after check on staging, then watch field data over the next 28 days.- September 25, 2026 at 9:24 pm
- in reply to: DeepL for first-draft translations (then a native edit)
Polish quality is surprisingly good as well. The glossary feature is key, otherwise it translates product names that shouldn’t be translated.- September 24, 2026 at 11:45 pm
- in reply to: Server log analysis: what did it tell you that GSC didn’t?
Worth it for anything above a few thousand URLs imo. Under that GSC is usually enough.Biggest thing I found once was Googlebot hammering a calendar widget that generated infinite date URLs. Nobody knew it existed because it was only linked from a tiny element in the footer. Took about 2 weeks after blocking it for crawl to shift back to product pages.
- September 24, 2026 at 11:15 pm
- in reply to: Internal linking: plugins/tools vs doing it manually
I tested an auto-insert plugin on a site about this size a couple years back. It did exactly what you’re scared of. Same anchor over and over, links in weird spots like the first sentence of an intro. Removed it after 2 months, no ranking change either way tbh.- September 24, 2026 at 9:20 pm
- in reply to: Do Core Web Vitals actually move rankings? Real experiences please
I’ve done maybe a dozen of these projects. Rankings: nothing clear I could attribute. Conversions: yes, pretty much every time the site went from really slow to decent. One shop had mobile LCP around 6 seconds, got it to about 2, and the checkout rate went up enough that the client didn’t care about rankings anymore.So I sell it as a UX and conversion fix, not an SEO fix.
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)