Forum Replies Created
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
- Replies
-
- September 25, 2026 at 11:37 pm
- in reply to: Ahrefs Webmaster Tools is free for your own sites
Worth noting the backlink data there is Ahrefs’ index, so it’ll show more links than GSC’s Links report in most cases. Nice for spotting spammy links pointing at you too.- September 25, 2026 at 10:06 pm
- in reply to: Wayback Machine – check a domain’s history before buying links or domains
Also use it to see if a link-selling site’s content quality changed. If a site went from real articles to “write for us” everything overnight, skip it.- September 25, 2026 at 4:11 am
- in reply to: Do nofollow links actually do anything for you now?
Nothing I’d call clean. What I’ve noticed is nofollow links from big sites often lead to followed links later because other writers find you there and cite you. Most of the value I’ve seen is indirect like that. I wouldn’t pay for them, but I also wouldn’t turn one down from a strong publication.- September 25, 2026 at 12:58 am
- in reply to: Brand new Shopify store: SEO priorities for the first 6 months?
Rough order I’d go with:1. clean up the technical basics first, collections and product urls, no duplicate product paths through collections, sort out the auto-generated tag pages
2. category (collection) pages with real text, written for the actual search terms, these are your money pages
3. unique product descriptions, not the supplier copy
4. only then some content, and only topics that link naturally to collectionsBlog from day one is fine if you enjoy writing but it won’t carry a new store.
- September 25, 2026 at 12:21 am
- in reply to: Topical authority: how many articles in a cluster before you saw movement?
there is no magic number imo. what i’ve seen is it’s more about whether you’ve answered the obvious questions than hitting 20 or 30 posts.on my last one the pillar jumped from page 3 to page 1 at around 14 articles, but that was also month 4, so i honestly can’t tell you if it was the count or the age.
- September 24, 2026 at 8:45 pm
- in reply to: How long do you wait before deciding a page just isn’t going to rank?
My rule is 3 months for a new page on an established site. If it’s getting impressions but stuck past position 20, I update it. If it gets basically zero impressions after 3 months, the problem is usually the keyword choice, not the content, so I retarget rather than rewrite.- September 24, 2026 at 4:49 pm
- in reply to: Are expired domains still worth it for a fresh niche site in 2026?
@LurkingTiger good point, I only looked at the last snapshot tbh. Just went through the history and it’s clean, hardware blog from 2013 all the way to 2022 when it dropped.About half the RDs are still live though. Is that normal?
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)