Used to run a small network for my own sites years ago. Quit after two of my money sites got manual actions within the same month. Since then I’ve done outreach and content only and things are slower but stable.
I still see people saying PBNs work great if you do them right. So I’m curious, for people still using them or who stopped recently: was it worth it? What did it cost you in time and money vs what you got out of it?
Not looking for how-to stuff, more the risk/reward side.
I stopped about 2 years ago. Not because of a penalty, just the maths stopped working. Hosting, domains, content for each site, renewals, keeping them looking alive… it was eating most of the affiliate profit it was supposed to boost. And the day one of the money sites got hit I’d lose all of it anyway.