Anyone still pushing normal pages through the Indexing API in 2026?

› Forums › Digital Marketing › Seo › Anyone still pushing normal pages through the Indexing API in 2026?

  • Post
    VladTheIndexer
    Participant
    I know, I know, it’s officially for job postings and livestream pages only. But I still see people in other communities swearing by it for blog posts and product pages, with scripts that rotate service accounts to get around the quota.

    My own test last year on a 5k page site: pages submitted through the API got crawled within hours, but indexing rate after 30 days was basically the same as pages I just added to the sitemap. Crawled fast, didn’t stick.

    Meanwhile Google has said more than once that misuse can get access revoked, and I’ve seen a couple of reports of it happening.

    So for those still doing it:
    – are you seeing pages actually stay indexed, or just crawled faster?
    – has anyone had the access pulled?

    And for those who stopped, what do you rely on now for getting new pages found quickly? Internal links from high-crawl pages and a clean sitemap is my current answer, but it’s slow on a new site.

  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.